Type Here to Get Search Results !

One Day In The Jungle : A Short Story - WritePages

One Day In The Jungle: A Short Story

This is a short story about a man who finds an easy way out and gets into big trouble.




I put my handbag on the handlebars of my bicycle and left the house for the temple. 

Autumn is the season. It's a cold day, and the snow is falling on the grass at night. In the sunlight, the snowflakes on the grass shimmer like cold. The cold wind chills my body. The fingers are numb from the cold.


After the heat of the sun fell on my body, I felt a little warm. So I parked my bicycle by the side of the road and faced the sun to get some sunshine. 

After warming myself in the sun for a while, I started my journey back to my destination. I met many passengers on my way. I spent some time talking to them and went a long way. But their destination is different. I was alone again. I thought to myself, "I wish I had a shortcut. What a miracle of God it's as I thought. After a while, I saw a small winding road through the forest. There is a signboard depicting a temple. I started my journey along the road without thinking about getting to my destination soon. What joy in my heart. I'm going to sing a song in my mind. But after a while, I saw that there was no sign of the road.  Where did the road go? I asked myself. I look back and there is nothing but the jungle. There is no sign of the road coming.  I was afraid.  what happened?  Where did I get in? Why did I want a shortcut? Where am I going? Who do I shout at? Questions like these made my mind even more restless. I remembered my parents and my brother. Pictures of their faces came to mind. I took my cell phone out of my pocket to call someone and saw that there was no network. It felt like danger was pressing against me from all sides. I was nervous. Where do I go?  What should I do? What should I do? There is only jungle all around. There is no direct sunlight. Only the inside of the jungle is reflected and lit. I looked around and saw only a thick jungle. I put my hand on my forehead and sat down under a big tree. I couldn't find any way out of fear and tried to calm myself down in the name of God.


After a while, I heard the roar of elephants in the deserted jungle. I heard the birds screaming. I was afraid at first when I heard the roar of the elephant. But I gained a little courage and calmed down.


I tried to find out where the elephant was screaming from behind the tree. I saw an elephant eating in the distance right behind me. I was a little relieved to see this scene. I pushed my bicycle forward and tried toward the elephant. But I was afraid that if he saw me he would chase me. So I went on with as little noise as I could. After a while, I saw a group of elephants eating leaves. A tusker elephant, a mother, two adult elephants, and a young calf.  The tusker elephant assumed I was there and came towards me. I left my bicycle there and went back. But he stopped in the middle of the road, I don't know why. Maybe the elephant understood my situation.



The tusker left me and went back to his family. And the family of the tusker elephant began to move forward together.  The small trees on the path they are on are broken and the branches of the big trees are broken by their huge bodies. I felt like they were building a new path for me.


I started to move carefully along that path.  After a while, I saw that the sunlight was passing through the leaves of the trees and falling to the ground. In the joy of it, I lifted my head and tried to look through the leaves of the tree and saw the birds screaming and flying. This means that the thick forest has become somewhat thinner. I had some courage in my mind.


I stopped when the calf suddenly turned towards me. For a while, I was afraid of what to do. His mother dragged him back into the family with the help of a trunk.




After a while, the elephant family took the road to the left. A small bright ray of sunshine ended my journey. I felt like I had found everything that day, looking for the last leaf of the jungle. I was delighted to see a huge field through the trees. That is the last part of the jungle. I ran and saw an open field ahead and a Shiva temple on the bank of the field. The fear of the jungle disappeared. I felt like the field had done nothing for all my fatigue. After about two or three hours of fighting, I found the temple at the end of the jungle. I had no idea what to do or not to do. There I sat down on my knees and looked back but the elephant family was not there. I thanked God and the elephant family and walked toward the temple and shed tears on the way.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments